Monday, April 10, 2017

UYS # 259 - Flowers


Hi Everyone!  Beth here with this week's challenge - FLOWERS.  I was looking through my large collection of stamp sets and noticed the vast majority have flowers in the set.  I love flowers in my yard, flowers on my counter and flowers on my cards.  Hope you like flowers too.  I can't wait to see what you make this week!  I made a 50th anniversary card for my sweet neighbors.

                                                                              Beth




Perfect for a flower collage on a feminine page.

There are so many possibilities for this challenge. I used lots of different flowers - rub-on flowers, die-cut flowers, tiny planner paper flowers and even some of the sequins are little flowers. You can see close-ups of my flowers on my blog here


I created this using what was left of a Pink Paislee Moonstruck kit I got at Crop & Create a couple of weeks ago. At first, I didn't care for the colors but it has definitely grown on me!


 For this fun challenge I used flowers both in word and in picture.


Amy.L
For this flower challenge I have used flowers in a few different ways; patterned paper, stamps, wood veneer and even the photo. I will have a full layout share over on my blog, as well as a process video up on my you tube channel.




For this challenge, I decided to use one of my favorite pictures of my daughter posing in my Mother-in-Law's daisies as the subject matter since the theme is "Spring."  I used a sketch from my scrapbooking friend Bev Code at Sketches in Thyme to pull this project together.


Flower challenge I did a photo I came across recently in my craftroom of planting some flowers in 2015



Guest DT Lyne

 My name is Lyne Blodgett from Lynn's Everyday Ideas.  I'm a wife, mother, accountant and paper hoarder.  I've been scrapbooking for over 15 years, but only got interested in new techniques and perfecting my craft in the last five years or so.  I have dabbled in cards, but my real love is scrapbook pages and mini albums.  Despite my desire to learn I still stay true to my style..which I would call a step above clean and simple.  

Our Guest Designer Lyne created these awesome cards for this challenge! Now she actually made 8 cards with one sheet and 2pcs of cardstock!   You can check out more of her work here on her blog!   You will be seeing more of Lyne next month when she joins us for our May challenges as well!  Welcome Lyne! Don't forget to check out her youtube channel as well! 








No comments: